In the couple of months, I have added quite a bit of new material to this website, including project descriptions, as well as adding and correcting lots of links to downloadable materials. Here are the new developments:
- 2022-11-02 added new project descriptions;
- 2022-01-02 added a presentation given at SOAS on “Overview of tools and techniques for language documentation, description and revitalisation” link;
- 2022-10-24 added several download links to Books page;
- 2022-10-23 added a presentation given at University of Helsinki on “Remarks on the current academic publishing landscape” link;
- 2022-09-20 added two new published papers to journal articles;
- 2022-09-20 updated the page for EL Publishing and added details of a forthcoming eBook.
Feedback or comments on any part of the website are always welcome via the Contact page.
I have now created a page for talks and presentations I will be giving in 2021, and moved the set for 2020 to a separate page. You can download PDFs of all my existing and future presentations under Creative Commons licence CC-BY-NC (Attribution-NonCommercial).
The slides are now available here from my Invited webinar for the Department of Linguistics, Kuvempu University, Shivamogga, India, on “Language endangerment: what is it and what can we do about it?”. The talk was presented on 14 December 2020 and repeated 17 December 2020 (due to Google outage partway through on 2020-12-14)
There are now available for download sixpresentations from talks and lectures I gave in 2018. You can download PDFs under Creative Commons licence CC-BY-NC (Attribution-NonCommercial) from this page. Materials from talks for other years will be added in future.
There are now available for download five presentations from talks and lectures I gave in 2019. You can download PDFs under Creative Commons licence CC-BY-NC (Attribution-NonCommercial) from this page. Materials from talks for other years will be added in future.
I gave an online guest lecture in the MA module Introduction to Language Documentation at SOAS, University of London on 14 October 2020. The topic was “Language documentation and language description: theory and practice”. The slides are available for download.
I gave a presentation on 24 September 2020 entitled “Developing Bayungu Language and Culture Awareness for a Marine Park” — you can download a PDF of my presentation